Bauer Purus question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took the plunge today and bought the compressor. :D Thanks again for the help guys.

Congrats, be sure to show us some pics once you get it all setup.

I am looking at getting into the home fill station and found what is supposedly a Bauer Purus. I found three others online that state they pump 2.7 CFM using a 3HP motor. The one that I am looking at, the guys says that it pumps 4.5CFM @ 3,000rmp with a 5HP motor. I have questioned him about this and he assures me that it is a Purus.
Did Bauer make a Purus that pumped 4.5? Personally I think it is a Mariner or Capitano.
Another other comments would be appreciated.

No pictures as of yet but I am suppose to get them tomorrow.
hi, mi name is william, i have a mako compressor the specs are these,
mako compressor
model: purus
S/N: 8184xxx
CFM: 3.2
PSI: 3200
RPM: 2000
with a gasoline engine briggs & extrattor 206cc with 5HP

the thing is that i need to sell it because im not a diver, mi dad was one, but he died too many years ago, and i have founded the compressor a week ago, this compressor have been sttoped a long time, i think 10 years, more or less, so do you know how much it cost???

thanks for you help,

my e-mail is: willy3777@hotmail.com

thanks

The Purus-H (which had a round plastic shroud) is rated max 3.2 cfm and 5000psi....could be mated with 2-3 hp elec motor. The Utilus-10 which was aka Purus during the phase out of Purus-H, was rated max 4.0 cfm and 5000 psi. It had a squarish plastic shroud and could be mated with up to 5hp elec motor. It also had an interfilter which the original Purus-H did not. Send pics and i can more positively ID what you're dealing with.

Check out our parts and parts diagrams at compressor-parts.com or 5000psi.com NEW PARTS brand by Lawrence Factor, made in USA

skatelaw, I must partly disagree with your statement, I own a 1978 Purus with the round plastic/fiberglass fan shield, the owners manual clearly states that at that time there was both a standard pressure Purus rated at 3.2 cfm at 225 bar (3300 psi), as well as a Purus-H rated at 300 bar (4400 psi), the only obvious difference in the included parts diagram is a different pop-off safety over pressure device. There was also an earlier Purus with a stamped metal fan shield, and different style cooling fins that seems to have been rated at 2.8 cfm.

Back
Top Bottom