Bauer kompressor and final pressure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matjazr

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
i am looking over internet but cannot find solution....have bauer capitano compressor and finall pressure is 240 bar insteat of 225...Cannot make it on 225 or actualy have no idea how to do that?
Have someone some ideas?

If you mean that it shuts off at 240 bar instead of 225 bar, then you just need to adjust the pressure switch.

yes this i want....i don't have automatic shuts off it is whisle...but have no idea where to change this "whisle" to start sream at 225 insteat of 240 bar :wink:

I'm not familiar with Capitano, but in Junior II the max pressure is set in the filter case, not in the compressor itself.
The pressure adjustment is done in the top of the filter by turning the knob shown in the attached image.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2016-08-02 15.13.57.png
    Captura de pantalla 2016-08-02 15.13.57.png
    433.3 KB · Views: 219
That "whistle" you hear is most likely your relief valve lifting.

I highly recommend you read through the owner's manual, cover to cover, and get familiar with your compressor.

No need to adjust down really, just keep track of the filling time, it is easy to work out when it will be due to shut down after some filling. As pointed out, if you want to adjust down, it is the round screw thing on the top of the main filter.

To adjust the final pressure, you need to cut the wire on the two or three slotted screws (depending on model of PO/P31 filter) holding the round knurled knob assembly. After removal of these 3 screws and the knob assembly, you will see a slotted screw and lock nut which must be loosened off and the screw turned anti clockwise a bit to reduce the final pressure and tightening the lock nut again. This is trial and error till you get the right pressure.

PS the knurled knob is only a mechanical vent for those that can read what VENT means.......it doesn't adjust final pressure.:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom