Bauer K14 4th Stage Pressure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

v101

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello -
I have a Bauer K14 compressor. I typically fill my cascades to 3900 PSI. I was talking to a few compressor mechanics, and one indicated to me he thought that I could purchase a aftermarket 4th Stage that I could change out my current 4th Stage, and be able to pump up to 4500 PSI w/ out excessive wear and tear on the unit.

Does anyone know of any companies selling 4th stages that meet this description?
Has anyone used these and pumped w/ their Bauer to 4500 on a regular basis?

I am concerned w/ excessive wear and tear to pump to these levels on a regular basis.

I am either considering doing some upgrades on my current Bauer, or else perhaps consider another compressor that can do 5K, and then I can pump to 4500 w/ out any issues.

appreciate any input

I run my K14 to 4500 it has 400 hours on it since the last freshening up with no problems

The final pressure is determined by what your final stage blow off valve is set for, not the final stage piston assembly.

Keep in mind that some of the older K14 compressors were designed to operate at 3500 psi max.

These Bauer k14 compressors are designed to pump to 4500 psi no problem but often are used to lesser pressures with a different pressure relief valve my k14 Bauer was built in 1972

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom