Bauer Junior vs. compressor theory

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:) I think my nitrox stick is a bit of a resonator although with it installed the compressor is just a little bit quieter.

Finally ran my compressor today. August industries was a big help with figuring out which model it is - a Utilus 10 which was the predecessor to the Junior. I kind of suspected that with the tiny second stage water filter.

With the stock intake at about 2000 rpm it’s 83 decibels from four feet away and actually the noisiest part is the drive belt flapping. Guessing I may not have it tight enough yet.

I’m a little nervous about the unknown age of the filter tower, although rumor has it that the 15 year life is way way conservative. If anyone has a good deal on one with known hours, let me know. Otherwise, I have some .150" wall pipe, maybe I will build a "blast shield".

Thanks to those that provided feedback above.

74900264-9F65-4C4F-A54A-D99C758866C2.jpeg

Belt guard removed for reading the RPM.

Magnificent!

How about the colour I chose to paint my frame

full.jpg

and check where the new belts bought in Australia are made ha ha ha where all good rubber products are conceived

full.jpg

Scubapor used to get all their rubber products from Mexico

For what it is worth, I have two 4 cfm Walter Kidde's running in parallel, electric powered.
With a long snorkel running outside my garage and a silencer on the end none of my neighbours have ever complained.
It makes all the difference.
I just asked them tonight and confirmed that noise has never been a problem in our suburban neighbourhood.
I run the bloody things at 11 at night and no one has ever batted an eyelid.

Mind you, when I bought the first one I had to try it even though it was gas/petrol powered.
It was only 9 at night, the cops turned up at 9.45.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom