Closed Bauer Junior II - E1 compressor for sale

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bryan Sm

New
Reaction score
I have a Bauer Junior II - E1 scuba compressor for sale. This unit has just been completely serviced with new filters and seals and air quality tested at a cost over $500 so that I would feel comfortable selling it. The unit had been stored in an air conditioned garage for a few years so I wanted to be sure. If you are interested I will provide detailed pictures and copy of the testing receipt. The motor can be wired to run on 240V or 120V, currently wired for 240V.

Cost $2000. Shipping if required would be extra and would need crating as well. The unit is in Stuart, Fl and I would assist if someone wanted to do a "local pickup" within a 60 mile radius. From previous posts I estimate crating and shipping to be an extra $500. New units go for around $5000.

Attachments

• 20200810_110934.jpg
    20200810_110934.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 520
  • 20200810_110700.jpg
    20200810_110700.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 368
  • 20200810_110954.jpg
    20200810_110954.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 357
Would you pls. share the history, age, hours of use, first owner etc?
Thank you

The unit was built in 1999. I bought it new and had it on my first boat for several years. Traded boats and installed it on my second boat as well. It didn't get a lot of use, but we are talking about 47 ft boats, so the unit was well protected and in dry locations on the boats. I think over all those years I filled tanks less than 15 tanks. Sold that boat 3 years ago and the Bauer has been in my air conditioned garage since. There is some rust and corrosion as you would expect for an older unit but overall it looks great.

However, with little use and a number of years in storage, I was afraid to make any claims as to its suitability and operation. So, in preparation to sell, I took it to the Ft Lauderdale service center to check on its condition. They assured me it was in great shape and that it only needed new filters, belt and seals. The compressor and motor were fine. They changed all of that and the oil and ran it and tested the air quality. This cost me over $500 but now I feel comfortable selling the unit.

The wiring is easy to change and there is a wiring diagram inside the connection plate of the motor. The plug on the unit may have to be changed for whatever voltage you are using. I wired it up for 240V single phase and may have used non-standard plug and receptacle as my boat was in Europe at the time.

Hello, I was wondering if this was still available?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom