Bauer Junior 2 no high pressure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Artemas

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all, hate to add another issue with a junior 2 but the more instances we can figure out will help those in the future.

I have army version of JR2 electric version. I have hot heads on stages1 and 2 and warm coils in between. Stage 3 head stays cool as does the outlet tubing from 3. The book on it says the heads should be hot and the tubing should be warm or it is a valve issue. I get a slow hiss out of the whip but no pressure builds up at all. I took apart each tubing from each stage and checked for blockage there was none. I did notice a black tar like substance on stage 3 cleaned that out but still no pressure. The condensate drains gush with air when I open them. Anyone with experience on this before I open 3 to inspect valves?

thanks in advance

Great question. I can’t find gauges that go above 300psi is there another way or idea to test that pressure?

Exhaust Valve 2nd stage,
Or
Intake Valve 3rd stage
Or
Freefloating Piston n Sleeve 3rd stage incl rings
Or
Exhaust Valve 3rd Stage

Start at the beginning and hope that the problem isn't the freefloating piston n sleeve 3rd stage since it's a lot more expensive than all the valves put together.
Unfortunately the black tarlike substance sounds like burnt rings in the Freefloating Piston n Sleeve Assy 3rd stage. ANY scratches on the inside of the sleeve, no matter how small, means you need a new, unused Freefloating Piston n Sleeve Assy and 2 complete oil changes.

Michael

Check the Exhaust Valve 2nd Stage.
Then take the head off of the 3rd stage and check the Freefloating Piston n Sleeve Assy before checkin. g the 3rd stage valves.
Anything nasty in the oil, will quickly destroy the piston n sleeve assy and won't do your valves any good either.

Michael

Back
Top Bottom