Bauer Junior 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gkis

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have not been able to get any details from the net on the previous gen of Bauer Junior. Does anyone own or had experience with these compressors? Was there a major change of the block with the Junior 2? Does it have a PMV?
I work often in the High Arctic and on my last contract I spoke with a former Inuit diver who has a compressor that was kept indoors, in pristine comdition but not used for at least 10years, with a log stating a total of 22hrs of use.
What would be the easiest way to determine if it is worth "rescuing " it ? I would be worried to start it before having it serviced by a professional.
Thank you for advise

Attachments

• 20201105_202302.jpg
    20201105_202302.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 122
  • 20201105_202229.jpg
    20201105_202229.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 126
  • 20201105_202207.jpg
    20201105_202207.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 122
  • SwimminginCanada.jpg
    SwimminginCanada.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 114
Hi there, I had a similar experience when I purchased a Bauer that had been in storage for twenty years. Your photos show a nice looking compressor. You would need to drain and flush the fuel system on the gas engine. Check the oil level and condition on the pump. Pull slowly on the starting rope and confirm that the pump turns freely. If all looks good start it up and see if it builds pressure. Don't be surprised if a relief valve pops as the valves may be jammed up from sitting. This is not a big deal and the valves can be cleaned or changed out as needed.
I'm down in the Okanagan and have a small Bauer for fills. Good luck

Hi there, I had a similar experience when I purchased a Bauer that had been in storage for twenty years. Your photos show a nice looking compressor. You would need to drain and flush the fuel system on the gas engine. Check the oil level and condition on the pump. Pull slowly on the starting rope and confirm that the pump turns freely. If all looks good start it up and see if it builds pressure. Don't be surprised if a relief valve pops as the valves may be jammed up from sitting. This is not a big deal and the valves can be cleaned or changed out as needed.
I'm down in the Okanagan and have a small Bauer for fills. Good luck
The Honda engine/fuel system am comfortable servicing it, but the compressor block not , although am so looking forward to learn. Maybe we can swap some Steelhead fishing secrets for some mechanical knowledge?
Thank you for the reply

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom