Bauer compressor popping from blow off valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Afternoon all, I am new to the forum, and not a diver. I use an elderly 1973 year Bauer U2B to fill diving bottles that I use for motorsport. Running air tools and inflating tyres, running blow guns, et cetera. It's worked fine for some years, with not a huge amount of use. Then it started getting to about 190 Bar and the blow off valve ringed in pink in the photos started to blow off every few seconds with a very loud pop. I took the final stage head off but could see no obvious way of removing both the inlet and exhaust valves, sol cleaned them with carbon tetrachloride as best I could. Now it only gets to 50 odd Bar before the same valve keeps opening.

Are there any fixes, might it be something other than the valves in the final stage head? Are spares still available? The big hex bolt covering access to one of the valves was a repair by a previous ownere, it's soundly done and not leaking nor insecure.

Thanks for any tips or links to spares. I am in the UK.

Best Regards, Chris Wilson.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 4.JPG