Bauer compressor drainage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

siroismi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all
I have a dumb question about condensate draining on Junior II Bauer compressor.

I know the first drain valve to open is to drain the intermediate separator. The second one is to drain the Triplex filter. I wonder what the third one is for.

Thanks in advance,
Michel

On the Triplex P0/P21 the left knob drains the outer chamber which is where most of the water/oil collects. The right knob drains the inner chamber which is where the cartridge is located. Small amounts of water end up in the inner chamber so it's a good idea to drain it too. I usually open Triplex left first, then Triplex right, then the intermediate drain(s), and then close in reverse order.

Cleavitt: thanks for reply.

I'm in the process of rigging my compressor to be remotely (8') drained cause I'm installing it under a berth on my boat.

I looked at pictures of units with ACD (automatic condensate drain) system and they seemed to drain the intermediate separator and the left valve on the Triplex so I was planning to do the same but non automatically operated. I had high pressure hoses fitted were the drainage comes out of the filter and on the separator then at the other end a manually operated valve. So the left valve on the triplex was to be removed and the orifice plugged, the right valve was to be left as is.

From what I learn from your reply this is not correct?

Thanks in advance for any further info,

Michel

Siroismi,

I would strongly suggest that you read the Bauer Junior II instruction manual regarding the location, operation and bottle filling procedures.

If your Bauer is gas driven, INSTALLING it under a berth on your boat is not a good idea if you want to live to dive again after your first fill. These units, whether gas or electrically powered, require constant cool ventilation whilst running, which a berth installation will not provide unless it's outside on the deck. :D

The manual condensate drain procedure is to drain the intermediate separator first for 2 to 3 seconds, then the left drain for the same time followed by the right drain last.

The original concept of the triplex tower was that moisture could be drained from the cartridge itself. We learned a long time ago that mole seive can get saturated and become useless, rendering the other chemicals useless as well. The drain to the left dumps the separator part of the tower. If you are getting moisture out of the right, you have a problem.

Just using the Bauer Junior 2 now for the first time, without automatic drains or anything.

I see 3 drains in a row... When I drain the left one for 3 seconds (the intermediate one it's called I believe), the compressor becomes pressure less.. Is that correct?

Draining the left one of the triplex for 3 seconds means there is still pressure in the system. Same holds for the right one on the triplex. The compressor is supposed to be stored like this right, with a pressurized triplex?

In the Youtube instruction video, they indicate that when starting up, the triplex should be made pressure less...is that really the case? Or not really necessary for an electric version.

I keep finding it strange to see the pressure on the hose still to be at the end-pressure of the last topped-up bottle, even when purging the filling pistol. Is this normal? Should this be kept like this?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom