Bauer Compressor- B-Timer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MSRP 424.00 I got this one 287.00 plus inbound freight. Have been using for several weeks
Love it make a big difference DNS

B timer will not work on po system is that right,trying to contact bauer today.
Jerry

P0 as in P zero ? P zero is USA name for P21 ( Europe - Asia ) the most common filter/separator assy Bauer has. B Timer can work on it. It uses a clamp, so it is adjustable and only one model. It is limited to the models of filters which it has in its database. I used 5 so far. Two went dead in under 1000 hours. I use it as a timer only and not reference it to filter life. In a gas model compressor, which an hour meter need to be a vibration type . This B Timer is a good alternative.

In some Asian market, you buy a Junior, they give you free B Timer. Retail is US$500 here but to me its worth only US$100 if I were to value it.

Anyone know of a timer to get that'll just keep track on compressor runtime? Perhaps vibration activated? Like the B-Timer but a lot cheaper!

Those are pretty common. I use the TinyTach with our gas models and a simple hour meter for the electric.

The TinyTach works well for petrol powered compressors and something like a Kuebler works well for electric power Timer HR76 - Electromechanical - Hour Meters / Timers - Counting Technology - Kübler Group I use the Kuebler for my system, but you can get cheaper ones on eBay if you like.

I'm not a fan of the B-Timer either. I took a mates P31 into an engineering shop to have some custom fittings made and it sat on a bench for a week with lathes and milling machines running in the background. When I picked it up again, it had logged another 1000 odd hours from vibration. Nothing can tell you what you really need to know more than a TinyTach/Kuebler and a 10/20/30 Moisture Eyeball after each filter stack.

Back
Top Bottom