Bauer Compressor- B-Timer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure what a B-Timer is, but if your referring to the auto drain timer, then you can adapt a multifunction timer such as the din rail mounted timer 700-HRF from Allen Bradley.

Mat.

Not the auto drain i have that already-this is to monitor the cartridge it's new-Thanks

Why not just put a moisture eye with a 10/20/30 indicator card on the outlet of the filter tower? It is simple to install and runs around $80.

If you are referring to the Bauer Securus system, its not a timer. It monitors a portion of the filter tower for moisture via electrical conductivity. As moisture from the air is absorbed by the molecular sieve, the moisture gradually moves up the filter. The securus filter is divided into four sections, the first is molecular sieve, the next is activated carbon, then another small section of molecular sieve that has the electrode in it to detect moisture, then another small section of carbon. When a sufficient current path between the electrode in that third section and the aluminum filter case exists (electrons carried by moisture in that third section) the Securus shuts down the compressor. Pretty slick system, but the filters are expensive.

Here's a link to the B-Timer and some other Bauer accessories.

BAUER COMPRESSORS - Products - Breathing Air - Accessories - B-TIMER

The B-Timer sounds pretty slick, but I don't know how it would monitor the moisture saturation of the filter cartridge from outside... Thermal conductivity maybe?

If you are in the United States, these Bauer accessories would be available through the Bauer Distributers.

http://www.bauergroup.com/en/weltweit/vertretungen_weltweit/nord_mittel_amerika/usa.php

That B-timer does seem innovative, a new use for a soil detector or something similar but how does the signal penetrate the aluminum wall? One way would be to install a piezo crystal and capacitor inside the canister. It would be little more than two parallel plates or wires connected to the crystal to form a resonant circuit. The resonant frequency would change when the capacitance changed and that is effected by the changing level of moisture between the plates. So, where does the current flow originate? The external monitor could produce sound waves which would excite the crystal causing an electrical voltage to be applied to the capacitor. The monitor could detect the resulting signal from the circuit and compare it using a simple algorithm. The monitor would have to be calibrated after each cartridge change, I think. A monitor would cost about $20-50 to make and the detector about $5, WAG, but, really, I don't see them as very expensive to produce in quantity. I could be wrong of course.

I think that it's pretty clear its a timer, not a moisture analyzer. Odd thing is, you can't monitor filter life by the clock alone, at the very least you got to take into account temperature. Seeing how it goes directly on the stack, I assumed when I first saw it that it must have a temp sensor on the back, so it was measuring both hours and temperature. That would seem to be the most logical low end way to do it, avoiding moisture detectors and the problems of communicating through the canister housing. But there's nothing in the description about temperature. This may just be a bad job of translating; and it may work as I surmise, certainly Bauer knows that counting just the hours doesn't make sense

B timer has a small temp sensor in the back. it makes contact with the out side of filter housing
it has to be set up to the compressor out put.Junior/capitano or mariner
then filter stack P21 p31 P41
then filter cart type petrol or electric drive.
Hope this helps you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom