Bauer auto-drain solenoid and P31 filter specs needed.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Normal open results in the condensate being drained after the power is shut off.

But, there is a one-way valve going to the filter cartridge and a pressure maintenance valve after the filter cartridge. So the filter cartridge stays pressurised.
My older Bauer unit is set up differently. It has 2 NO solenoids. One drains the primary water trap before the final stage. The other drains the filter stack. On mine, both drain when the power goes off. I like your system better.

Take a picture and post it here.
There should be a condensate trap after the last stage, followed by the filterhousing. The checkvalve should be in between those. If there is none, I suggest you add one.

Take a picture and post it here.
There should be a condensate trap after the last stage, followed by the filterhousing. The checkvalve should be in between those. If there is none, I suggest you add one.
I don't see a check valve there. When I get time to work on that unit again, I'll see about adding that check valve & also deleting the second unloader valve that dumps the P0 stack, or at least adding a manual valve in series with it. I've seen some rigs from Brownies that had the extra valve there. It looked like a slick style of rig.

In both cases, space is tight, so the upgrade is not going to be a 5 minute job.

Thanks for the info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom