Battle of the Back Inflation BCD's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tjsmith1979:
Could you please let me know what the Zeagle Ripcord weight intergration is ? Is this simply a pull cord attached to a weight pocket holding in by velcro like the old Seaquest quick draw model ? Have you ever had any problems with the Zeagle Weight Intergration ?

I am defeintely looking at the Tech Model but have also found the 911 model that is a little nicer also but basically has the same things. Does anyone know anything about the Zeagle 911 Model ??

TostitoBandito describes the Zeagle weight system pretty well. If you need more go the www.zeagle.com. I also have never found it to be a problem except maybe on my Rescue course where I had to re-arm it a bunch of times in one day. You need to check it before each dive though as the cord can slip a loop when the BC is scrunched up in a gear bag. In training, my buddy was always able to dump my weight as easily as a belt.

I know somone who dives a SAR model. Unless you are repelling into holes or out of choppers, the Tech is all you need. If you are diving doubles now, try a BP/wing. If you don't own doubles, try a Ranger or a Tech.

Has anyone got the Seaquest Raider or the Seaquest Black Diamond ?? What are these like... I know it steps away from the BP/W that everyone is trying to push however the Seaquest Raider is kinda the same but different. It comes with 50lb lift and can add another 50lb bladder to the back for doubles... Servicing would be alot better also around Australia when I head home next year from Canada.

My impresion is that you want a soft pack and avoid the BP, that would be great if you were not planning on doubles later with the same rig.
The BP is the way to go if using doubles, no way around this, you can use many of the soft packs available, but they definetely won't cut the mustard when diving doubles.

Since you like the OMS IQ Pack, get it and you'll have the soft pack you want and when the times for doubles comes, just slip a SS or AL plate inside and have the stability of the plate while keeping the soft pack.

For bladder, since you dive cold, probably you won't be able to buy just one wing since a 60 should be minimun for cold water doubles and way too big for singles.

Get a single cylinder wing, 27-35# lift and when doubles get into your life, get a bigger wing of the appropiate size for the tanks you'll be diving.

I spend half my year diving in nothing but boardshorts, and the other half in a drysuit. Backplate system works PERFECTLY for both.

buy a BP and never look back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom