Battery level on Oceanic Atom 3.1 transmitter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PaulVS

Contributor
Reaction score
I just purchased a like-new Oceanic Atom 3.1 and transmitter and am checking it all over to make sure it's working 100%. Only problem so far is that I can't see the battery level of the transmitter - I can see that the transmitter is linked to the Atom in settings by serial number, and I have replaced the battery to make sure that's not the issue. Under battery check settings on the computer it says the Atom battery is "Good" but the next step show the transmitter battery level "not avail". Does the transmitter need to be connected to a tank to give a reading, or something else I'm missing? Hoping the transmitter isn't dead. Thanks for any help.

Under battery check settings on the computer it says the Atom battery is "Good" but the next step show the transmitter battery level "not avail". Does the transmitter need to be connected to a tank to give a reading, or something else I'm missing? Hoping the transmitter isn't dead.
Yes, it does. Transmitter is turned on by tank pressure. So it needs to be connected to a tank and the valve opened in order to get a reading. The transmitter doesn’t send a voltage level, though. It’s only a three stage system. Good, Warning, and Critical or something to that effect.

If it does happen to be dead, Oceanic offers a service for Oceanic branded transmitters. $120 and they’ll send a factory refurbished transmitter when they receive the dead one. I used this last year and it was quick.

Perfect, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom