Battery/electronics experts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Im looking at one of TT MPL lights but am a little confused about battery types recommended and run times. I did ask them a few months ago but never received an answer so am hoping someone with some knowledge can step in and give me an idea. It lists the following types of batteries that can be used: It uses 2 different size battery canisters, long for the 3x AAs and a shorter one for the 18650 and single Cr123a with blind/dummy cell.

3 x 1,5 Volt AA Batteries
3 x 1,5 Volt AA Lithium Batteries
3 x 1,2 Volt AA NiMh Batteries
1 x 3,2 Volt 18650 LiFe
1 x 3,7 Volt 18650 LiMn
It also says 1x CR123a can be used with "blind cell"

The light is single LED, 500 lumens with 12000 lux, it lists run time between 180-600 minutes depending on battery.

Particularly Im interested in the 18650 or the CR123a, Im guessing the long run time is with 3xAA. Can anyone advise what sort of run times I could expect and at what output using a 3.2v 18650 LiFe, 3.7v 18650 LiMn and a Cr123a, which I can only find in 3v.

All use different voltage so they Im thinking they must deliver different outputs for varying times.

Also I can find Li-Ion 18650s everywhere but it seems the LiMn and LiFe are much harder to get. The site says DO NOT use Li-Ion. Im assuming a higher mAh is better for longer run time?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom