Battery Charging Station?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uh, unless the whole system it quite dead, even plugged in it could have a minor parasitic draw. I'd highly recommend you check that if you are going to use it that way.

If you put everything (lithium) about 50% (around 3.7v on a single 18650), and NOT hooked up to anything you can pretty much ignore it for a long time.
Then charge it up when it's time to use it. For travel you SHOULD leave them partially charge for safety anyway.
In MD, I'll guess you are a resort diver, so the dive equipment mostly sits unused.

Drone or other stuff may be another issue. I fly RC. After flying I check the batteries, put them at 50% if below, or leave them If there is a high probability if next use is soon. Anything from 30-60% is fine for short term storage.

Uh, unless the whole system it quite dead, even plugged in it could have a minor parasitic draw. I'd highly recommend you check that if you are going to use it that way.

If you put everything (lithium) about 50% (around 3.7v on a single 18650), and NOT hooked up to anything you can pretty much ignore it for a long time.
Then charge it up when it's time to use it. For travel you SHOULD leave them partially charge for safety anyway.
In MD, I'll guess you are a resort diver, so the dive equipment mostly sits unused.

Drone or other stuff may be another issue. I fly RC. After flying I check the batteries, put them at 50% if below, or leave them If there is a high probability if next use is soon. Anything from 30-60% is fine for short term storage.
Lol, there's not a lot to dive around here but I get out 1-3 times a month depending what else is going on (wife, kids, etc). Mostly quarry, but NJ a good bit coming up.

I'll have to start reading about batteries. Is there any type of parasitic draw from the charger if it's powered off? Can I leave the batteries in the charger with it off?

Back
Top Bottom