Battery Change Frequency

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

namabiru

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was thinking about this this morning as I biked to work... if you're using a light which takes regular AA batteries or something to that effect, how frequently do you change the batteries? Let's say you're going to spend a weekend diving, and you didn't use the light for a couple of months, so you put fresh batteries in. Then you make two night dives of roughly 50 minutes each--so the light's on for an hour and fifteen minutes, or something,--and plan to return to the same quarry to night dive again. Can you use the same batteries from the weekend before, and just have spares ready to go in your save-a-dive kit? Or should you err on the side of caution and change again?

What's a good rule of thumb for changes?

Personaly I like rechargeables you can just throw them in the charger and know full well there good to go . other than that I will just carry a backup set in my save dive kit for any lights that arent rechargeable and always carry at least one backup light whenever a light is required because guranteed its gonna burn out at the worst possible time.

I change batteries every three months if I don't use the light. If I use the light, I change the batteries before diving again.

This is my rule if I will "NEED" the light. If it's just a light for convenience, I change them when I see the light getting dim.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom