Batteries in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well, the official TSA stuff currently suggests it's preferred to put batteries in carryon, though you can put them in checked. Aside from the whole lithium issue of course. (Yeah I know, what they say at the airport about anything is related to the phase of the moon.) Anyway, I've never had an issue. And we carry quite a few for strobes too. What we actually tend to do is distribute them around.

Yeah, but you may get some questions from the TSA personnel as to why you have so many batteries in your carryon.

Better to pack them as checked luggage.

I carry at least 2 full sets - 16 total in carryon on almost every trip, so far no problems.....I just got back from Bonaire via Curacao on Sat, my carryon got searched at least 3 times coming and going....I carry some odd gear they do not see oftem so I get searched 80% of the time...never a comment about the batteries.

If they have the facilities to handle cruise ship waste, they probably should be able to handle a few old batteries.

Bonaire does not have the facilities to handle cruise ship waste.

Bonaire also doesn't have the facilities to handle "a few old batteries".

If you throw your used batteries and packaging in the trash, they will end up here:
[video=youtube;AGUKtrPFT7o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGUKtrPFT7o[/video]

There are battery collection services offered by some establishments. If this service is available, used batteries are collected separately and later shipped off-island for recycling. If this service isn't available where you're spending your money please take your used batteries home with you, even if purchased on Bonaire.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom