Batteries and charger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maurillo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all,
I reviewed what I found on the topic in the forum so far.

For my Intova 2000 I'm going to get 12 Eneloop batteries. I already have a VARTA recharger whose specs are the following:

-with 4 AA batteries, output of 250 mA
-trickle charge
-delta V cut-off
-temperature control
It states about 4 h to charge 4 2700 mAh AA batteries, so it should take about the same time with the Eneloop?

It looks OK to me, but I'm no expert...

Cheers

Maurizio

I have 16 Eneloop AA batteries and two Sanyo Eneloop chargers rated at 560mA x4 / 1120mA x2 / 1680mA x1 for AA batteries

Actually I have not really timed how long it takes to charge the batteries from 0, but normally after a day's shooting with YS110a strobes after 300 shots I change over batteries and put the used ones on charge and forget about them until I am about to go to bed and they are usually charged by then.

I use a Maha MH-C801D, 8-AA cell charger that can charge in 1 or 2 hours. I almost always use the 2 hour "soft charge" to preserve battery life. I like this one because each cell charges independently. It can also be used to condition your batteries. They also have 4 cell chargers but they must be charged in pairs AAs 2-4 hours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom