Batch Dive Log Uploads to ScubaEarth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RobPNW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I ordered a Shearwater computer and anticipate using the online portal to store my dive logs. Although I don't have the official card, I have the dives and specialties to be the equivalent of an MSD so far but would like to pursue my DM and possibly instructor cert in the future. Down, the road, I probably won't care too much about logging every single dive I ever do. I may just stick to logging dives at unique locations that I may choose to revisit, or places that have unique features or considerations, or dives where I changed exposure suits, weights etc for future referral. The rest where "I saw a cool fish!" I don't care about logging.

I feel like a cave man, but I have done all my dives by tables so far, and this is my first computer. With that said, I have all my dives in paper logs, and I was going to manually transfer the information into ScubaEarth. I've visited the web sites and like some of it's features and am unimpressed with others. But until I finish my DM quals, I was assuming it may make the process easier if my official dives are in ScubaEarth since it's an online PADI resource, all my specialties are in there, and PADI professionals would be able to easily verify all my prerequisites.

I see online that ScubaEarth has the ability to batch upload dives from a "DL7" formatted file export from a dive computer application. So I was debating if I should bother with manual data entry into ScubaEarth or simply do manual entry of existing dives into the Shearwater portal, and then upload subsequent dives via actual computer uploads from then on. At that point, in theory, I could export from Shearwater, all my dive logs, into the appropriate file format and do a batch upload into ScubaEarth. Once done with the DM stuff, be done with ScubaEarth and stick with my dive computer database.

Does anyone know if the Shearwater online portal allows the batch export of log data into this "DL7" file format? Has anyone tried doing this type of batch upload before? If this is not possible, does the Shearwater portal allow for printing out batches of dive logs in some kind of formatted report that I can just hand to a PADI diver center where I finish my DM requirements?

Thanks in advance,
Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom