Batangas to Sabang ferry discontinued July 1?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Golden Raptor is running a pretty hectic schedule but I really like its 19:00 departure from Batangas. However, its 08:30 departure from Mulle could be problematic because of demand!

I've read many messages.. but I'm still confused: so there's no more boats from Batangas to Sabang ...is this confirmed now? Or people are still trying to figure it out? I won't be there until the end of the year, I'm just curious how they will arrange the transfer to El Galleon (as I opted for a private transfer, they may use a private boat as well.. i'm no sure). Thanks.

This is the updated schedule?

puerto-galera-batangas-ferry-schedules.png

Last edited:
Currently, the public ferry from Batangas has been "upgraded" and will only be docking at the Muelle Pier in Puerto Galera proper, which means a 10 minute jeepney or trike or van ride into Sabang. Only the slightly smaller wooden bancas from Berberabe will be docking at the Sabang beach pier.

However, you stated that you've arranged private transport through El Galleon, which is most likely on a boat owned by EG, departing from Berberabe, arriving directly at El Galleon's private dock. You might want to email El Galleon just to confirm, but that's always been my experience in the past. They run a great operation, I wish you luck on your trip, and hope you have a great time!

BTW, do you mind if I ask when your trip is?

Private ferry boats to and from Sabang (departing and arriving from Berberabe) are not affected. Only the public ferry boats departing Batangas terminal are no longer stopping at Sabang, In other words there are no more PUBLIC banca boats servicing PG from Batangas. If you already reserved your private ferry through El Galieon you are all set and have no worries. Most likely the boat will drop you at the Asia Diver pier which is 50 meter walk to El Galeion resort. As mentioned in my previous posts your doing the right thing by taking the private boat over as the trike transit from Sabang to Muelle at this time is nothing short of horrendous.

As far as I know, previously the transportation was arranged like this: a private bus from the airport (or hotel) to Batangas, then public boat to Sabang, and there you will be assisted again by the chaps that will carry your baggage on another (private) boat for the short trip Sabang muelle > Asia Divers dock (because it's more convenient than the ground route).
So I was curious if they will offer now a private boat from Berberabe directly to Asia Divers or what.. I guess I will let pass a month (so it's all settled) and I'll ask them.

@npole You could confirm with El Galleon anytime you'd like, they're awesome folks. Everytime I have stayed there, I've arranged the boat through EG, and the experience is just as divenut and I said above; private banca from Berberabe straight to Asia Divers pier at EG. Berberabe is in Batangas, just a more specific place within. And EG/Asia Divers has their own large bancas with plenty of room for luggage/gear and passengers.

Anyways, El Galleon/Asia Divers is a top notch operation. If you've added/requested transportation through them, rest assured that you will be well taken care of.

Sometimes when the sea is really rough the departure point of the banca boat is a lot further along the coast.
Anyone who booked through an reliable operator need not worry. You are in good hands. But if your in coming flight is seriously delayed or there is typhoon signal already hoisted then you better have plan B. However, given most people have mobile phone nowadays, communication with the operator shouldn't be problematic.

Toronto Raptors was swept by the Cavs over last two years. Unfortunately this Golden Raptor fared NO better. Rumur has it that it cannot handle rough sea and spend most of time docked at Mulle! Therefore Genesis is the only reliable option but the boat is pretty small and the seat is quite uncomfortable by any standard.
If the sea is rough and Genesis could well be the only vessel that will drop you off at Mulle. But with only one trip scheduled in the afternoon, you can rest and sure that it will be packed to the rim!!

Public Transport | Puerto Galera Online Services
The 15:00 departure of MV Star San Carlos to Balatero is very attractive to those who has missed both Genesis(12:30) or Raptor(13:00) departure. Trike from Balatero to Sabang should not cost more than P300.00 per vehicle.
If everything fails then Calapan is another possibility but please do remember that the last jeepney from Calapan to Sabang departs around 17:00. It is long trip(P100.00).

Finally, one can always find a cheap room near Batangas Pier eg. Traveller's Inn(within walking distance if not carrying big bag).
Check with your resort/dive operator for the return trip and leave Sabang early to avoid missing your flight home.

Those officials who decided to ban banca boat to be used as public ferry desert a bullet in their heads. Philippines is probably the only country in SE Asia that make life quite miserable for the tourists.

Back
Top Bottom