basic package aid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you tried the mask on somewhere with a snorkel in your mouth? How do you know it fits?

I haven't.
I tried a genesis mask on in a store and it fit well. I tried on several masks and they all fit. I was told I had an average face and finding a mask wouldn't be difficult..

Is basic and seems cheap enough. I use baby shampoo in small travel bottle for defog, cheaper and easy on the eyes. Does the mask fit well?

The average face comment is from a lazy sales person or someone wanting to make a quick sale. Try the mask first if you cant suck it on to your face or it feels uncomfortable don't buy it, try try try.

I am not sure on the mask, I have never tried one. I just was reading that the F-1's are great for larger guys. they are normally $169.99 alone

They're selling the fins separately for $169. That should give you some indication of the worth of the rest of it.

That should be advertised as a Blue Reef package with Hollis fins. Since everything else is. Blue Reef is a lower end mfr. - might be LP's house brand.
My buddy has an average face also. I've gotten a couple almost new masks from him over the years that he couldn't keep dry.

The last thing you're going to want to deal with doing certification skills is a leaking mask. It's just no fun...

yea thanks guys, I decided to get things separately and get the mask at Seminole scuba in florida when we go. here are the other things in my car to see what you all think.
AERMB
UDRFEA
GNSSSR

---------- Post added June 11th, 2013 at 11:42 PM ----------

We went get our mask this afternoon from underwater adventures.
One genesis and one navigator with a neoprene strap. $161 man that hurt....

I would suggest trying the gear on first. Go to a local dive spot to find the stuff you like then compare on the price from the Shop to any online websites.

Thanks man. I ordered it from leisure pro.
Got tusa impres tri-ex fins. Genesis SL mask.
Aeris boots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom