Basic Open Water Certification?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stherling

Reaction score
Philadelphia, PA. "The place where freedom was bor
Hi,

I live in Philly... is there anywhere near here to get certified? a weekend course would be great since labor day weekend is coming up, but if you have any other recommendations those are great too :)

(oh. and if it doesn't cost too many arms and legs, that would of course be wonderful. :)

cheers
esther

I would go visit a few of the local dive shops and talk to them about the class. They all offer the open water class and most run the class pretty often to you could probably find one starting every week or two. See what the shops have to say and if which one you feel most comfortable with. I prefer training with the agency Naui but most of the shops are Padi affliated. Good luck..

What are the going rates up North? I have viewed some
of the shop websites but they don't post their prices.

Debraw:
What are the going rates up North? I have viewed some
of the shop websites but they don't post their prices.

I am an independant NAUI Instructor. I have alliances with several dive shops who provide suport. I only teach Weekend courses due to my day job travels.

I hold my Class Room course and Pool sessions in Warrington, PA. not far from Philly. The weekend class is a real boot camp and requires a keen attitude.

My prices are: $200.00 plus PA tax for the Classroom/pool. There are items you must purchase before starting the class.

The Open Water certification dives are $185 plus PA sales tax. Both sessions, I provide all gear (except for what I require you to purhase). Education materials are also included.

Come dive with us.

Back
Top Bottom