basic mask issue/question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Splitlip:
I always thought Tim was the one without the beard.:D

LOL - the one with the long ears and cute black nose and big brown eyes ... that's Shelby - though our bellies do look a lot alike ... both well-rounded individuals :wink:

Aloha, Tim

Looking at your face you have the same problem I do, except I don't always get a dry first dive.

Look at your cheeks and the laugh lines, smile while wearing your mask in the bathroom mirror and watch the bottom open up.

That's my problem and if your face is similar and I think the lines I see in your pic indicate it is, that's the problem.

I've found no fix, every mask I have ever tried will not cover those lines when you smile or sometimes put a reg in your mouth. Too much of a gap.

I've wondered if that mask seal stuff would work, but I kind of worry about a product that says to not get it in your eyes, yet it's going to get there if it fails.

I don't have that issue with a FFM, but I only dive that when the temps get to the mid 30's.

It could be the oil on your skin creating a better seal in the beginning, and being washed off the longer you're in the water.

Actually, you can keep the beard. You just have to go "Honest Abe" with it.

My wife had maddening mask leak for a long time. It drove her crazy. She had me doing the most thorough predive mask check ever. It got to the point I was about to put some caulk around that thing.

Finally, on one dive I saw she was just barely smiling. It was enough to cause a tiny crack in the seal. So now, I try to say something to make her mad before each dive. The scowl does the trick. No post-diving sex though.

"I try" to say something to make her mad

Rookie, I don't even have to try and mines mad. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom