Basic Equipment question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Stahlsac backup mesh bag that has an inner dry pouch for gear. Works great. For travel, I plan to get a carryon roller dive bag.

I have two mesh backpacks that hold all necessary gear for travel from hotel to the boat. They have a dry storage area for towels etc, and are lightweight and easy to pack. They are the Stahlsac WD 16s.

DB

+1 Plenty of room for everything and can load from the top or the side.

have the mesh duffle - this gets folded up inside a hockey bag with wheels for the plane ride (I LOVE the hockey bags - $30 at costco, and better then any dedicated dive travel bag I've ever owned). I can fit 2-3 full kits in the hockey bag, which is nice if you're traveling with your family and paying for checked baggage.

I have the Akona mesh bag. It has shoulder straps so it can be carried as a backpack, can be top loaded or side-loaded (through side zip), contains an internal dry area plus an outside pocket for mask case, etc. I have had mine for three years and use it as a boat bag to bring all my diving stuff onto the boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom