Based in Hong Kong and looking for dive buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ksr

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

Just joined this recently. I could not find any Hong Kong dive buddy in the buddymatrix.

Hope this would get me more dive buddies:shocked2::shocked2::shocked2:

I was born in hong kong, but left when i was young. Whats the diving condition there? I didn't know there were scuba divers there.

Hi There KSR

I have a scuba club that is based in HK/Macau... we have around 6 members that go diving at least 2-5 times a year in the Asian region, and regular trip proposals and airfare updates. Basically we go diving whenever we can around hk/macau public holidays and if we get enough people we go. We have avid photographers, Divemasters, and Instructors in our club. If you are interested search for the Facebook Group Zombie Divers.... and ask to join the open group.... and also like our main page...

There are dozens of dive boat going out to the waters around the territory each weekend.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

---------- Post added June 23rd, 2014 at 07:48 PM ----------

China Underwater Explorers is a GUE based dive group in HK. They conduct fun dive training dive from time to time. Search them on FB. They have a page and a group. Ask to join the group to receive latest ingo. South China Diving Club is another local dive group formed mainly by expats and English speaking locals. They have dives every 2 weeks. They are BSAC sanctioned club. There are many more groups around the region if you look around. So just go to any dive shop and ask if they have boat in the weekend. You can join the boat with buddies assigned.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Hi KSR,
If you don't mind taking on a newbie then I would love to have a buddy to dive both in HK and around the region. Owing to my work schedule I did my PADI OW through a private instructor and therefore didn't have the change to have met a buddy. In addition I am usually only free on weekdays therefore my schedule doesn't really jive with the local operators' weekend fun diving launches.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom