base adapter for Canon WP-DC800

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ddub23

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm taking the plunge and getting a strobe (S&S YS 90DX, thanks Dee for your recommendation and comments).

For those out there that are using the Canon S400 w/ the WP-DC800 housing and the YS 90DX, what base adapter/trays are you using? I'm having a lot of difficulty getting info from S&S (either email or by phone) on whether their Multi Stay Base and DX Arm (or Sea Arm V, or VI) works with this housing.

Another option i've seen is using the Ultralight system for mounting the strobe.

What have been your experiences? Comments? HELP!!

IF S&S's trays are the same design as 3 years ago, if your housing has a tripod mount and is flush on the bottom, it will fit on any of the trays. At the most you may have to add a rubber strip to keep the housing from twisting.

I went for the Sea&Sea multi-stay with a DX arm. Seems to work great. You can also buy additional sections for the arm to extend it a little, which I think helps.

Hope this is useful, and enjoy your S400...I think they are a great little camera.

Simon

Back
Top Bottom