barracudas harmful?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beautiful creatures...If you ever notice...They will keep a certain distance from you at all times. If you swim toward them they will back off and keep the same distance. I see them on every dive I make. They are like seeing old friends:)

I was doing a safety stop under the M/V Fling at the Flower Garden National Banks when one of the barracuda's there took off after a small fish(haven't yet learned all the fishes names) we missed but another one took off swam right over another dives head and caught the fish. They then all proceded to chase after the cuda who got the fish trying to get it away from him, very cool.
Another dive their I see a couple of cuda near the anchor line at bottom well one of them had his lip pierced with a fishing bait, I guess he one that fight. And decided to come to the park where he was safe too bad he was a nice one, I wouldn't have minded catching him on hook and line to release of course.

Back in Rio on the 11th of April.....
Eric

Back
Top Bottom