Bares Trilam ATR light and HD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TTT

Registered
Reaction score
Does anybody use either the Bares ATR light or ATR HD? What do you think of these suits? IS it worth getting the heavy duty model? I will be doing a lot of diving, and hope to get a suit that will last me a LONG time.

Thanks for you Help once again

cheers

Tommy:) :)

I just recently bought and ATR HD. I have about 4 or 5 dives on it and I love it. I think it is great quality for the price. I have the neoprene socks and trek boots. I don't think I like the trek boots because they have to be laced up and as an expensive option, I think I might check the local shoe store to see if I cant get something with velcro. The suit itself is really nice though, I got latex seals over neoprene. The suit comes stock with a thigh pocket, I wish I would have ordered another one on my left thigh, and it comes with reflective tape which can't hurt in that one-in-a-million situation when you get lost at sea. I would compare it to the DUI 450.

Jeremy

I too, have a Bare ATR HD. About 2 dozen dives on it so far and its a very nice drysuit. Like jrmy_1 says, I might add another thigh pocket to complement the right one that came with it. I can see this suit lasting for many years to come.

Mine is configured with a neoprene neck seal, latex wrist seals, forearm exhaust valve (SI Tech) and attached boots. I would like to try the detached boots on a suit one of these days, but so far, so good.

ABQdiver once bubbled...
I too, have a Bare ATR HD. About 2 dozen dives on it so far and its a very nice drysuit. Like jrmy_1 says, I might add another thigh pocket to complement the right one that came with it. I can see this suit lasting for many years to come.

Mine is configured with a neoprene neck seal, latex wrist seals, forearm exhaust valve (SI Tech) and attached boots. I would like to try the detached boots on a suit one of these days, but so far, so good.

I got the detached boots just in case I ever started doing alot of rocky shore diving. I figured my suit should last me 5-10 years, hopefully, and I don't know where I'll be then. If the boots get worn out, just get new ones, like I said above, from a shoe store with velcro. I would have to say that it is kind of a hassle to lace them up before a dive, and it is one more step in gearing up, but it is some extra protection.

Jeremy

I would like and don't have (yet) in the drysuit would be a set of suspenders. If I take off the top part of the suit in warmer weather now I wrap the arms around my waist and tie a loose overhand knot in front. But it does bug me a little.

Next time the suit needs to go in for repairs a set of suspenders will be on the top of the list.

ABQdiver once bubbled...
I would like and don't have (yet) in the drysuit would be a set of suspenders. If I take off the top part of the suit in warmer weather now I wrap the arms around my waist and tie a loose overhand knot in front. But it does bug me a little.

Next time the suit needs to go in for repairs a set of suspenders will be on the top of the list.

I sent my Bare HD to www.drysuitrepair.com a while back to have the exhaust valve relocated from the upper arm to a forearm dump. While it was there i had my fifthd pockets sewed on and you guessed it, i added a pair of suspenders. If there is one recommendation i could make to bare it would be to add suspenders to their drysuits. It makes life so much easier walking around during your SI. Just to let everyone know drysuitrepair does great work!! :D

lal7176 once bubbled...

I sent my Bare HD to www.drysuitrepair.com a while back to have the exhaust valve relocated from the upper arm to a forearm dump. While it was there i had my fifthd pockets sewed on and you guessed it, i added a pair of suspenders. If there is one recommendation i could make to bare it would be to add suspenders to their drysuits. It makes life so much easier walking around during your SI. Just to let everyone know drysuitrepair does great work!! :D
They do great work. I have my daughters drysuit there right now getting a new neck seal and overall testing done.

Your "extras" are just what I want as well. Thanks

I am also looking to add a thigh pocket and suspenders. I agree, the knot tying gets irritating. All drysuits should have suspenders.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom