Bare XCD2 Drysuit question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LowDrag

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey everyone...does anyone have any experience with this drysuit? I found one for sale that is used for a decent price but being used I am concerned about buying it. Any information that I could get would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Dave

I bought one used. It's a good suit. The one I bought has small holes in the arm though and I can't find them using all the techniques because the crushed neoprene is hard to locate holes in.
The suit is definately heavy compared to others, but you don't need as much undergarment. It takes longer to dry as a trilam, but drys quicker than my whites fusion with bullet skin.

I'm selling mine. It's for someone 6'2" 290-300 lbs with size 12 feet.

What should I look for as far as damage goes? Other than the obvious things such as abrasions and cuts, is there any advice for finding the not so obvious issues?

I'm not very experienced in these matters. Best thing would be take it to a pool and see of it leaks. I heard you can wear scrubs underneath so leaks would be obvious.

Inspect the zipper for any missing or damaged teeth. Zipper replacement is the most expensive repair. Make sure neck and wrist seals fit you. If the previous guy had a larger neck it might not fit you and you may have to replace the seal.
Make sure the boots fit your feet. The suit I bought had size 12 boots but I wear a 13 and with thick socks on it was a tight uncomfortable squeeze.
Also make sure the valves work and aren't sticky.

I've had one as my main suit for 4-5 years. Extremely durable, warm, comfortable, and a great value. Sure, it's heavy, but no big deal once in the water. If it fits and is in good condition (check zipper, seams, and if possible, leak-test), then enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom