Bare voodoo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mtl perry

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello all my first post here
yes i did a search first but found nothing. I'm looking at buying the bear voodo BCD
and was trying to find some info on it first .
any thoughts ?

thanks

Perry

It looks really expensive for what it is. I'd get a less expensive BP/W setup, I think.

I can get one at my local dive shop for 600.00 i just don't know anyone that has one .

As I said ...

I would recommend going with a bcd made by a more common company so that servicing it will not be as big of a hassle (not necessarily a bp/w).

By all means, whatever style he desires ... from the description the voodoo sounded like it was moving in the direction of a BP/W.

That's an absurd price for that style BCD. I would go with a Halcyon BP/Wing if you are willing to spent in that range...

The Voodoo is described as the following:

"Innovative design combines advanced performance of a wing style BC during the dive, and the armchair comfort of a front-adjustable jacket at the surface. Incorporating a patented design, the diver can open a valve from the wing into the separate front bladders, add a small quantity of extra air, and float in comfort."

So, long story short, back-inflating bladder paired with jacket-style BCD design, with valves that connect the two. In my experience, scuba dollars work best when you purchase an item that is designed to do a job well. When you purchase an item that does many things, it tends to do all of them poorly. I do not believe this BCD would make a good travel BCD, weight-integrated BCD, back-inflating BCD, or jacket-style BCD. Also, while the inflator itself does not appear to be problematic for servicing, I do not know enough about the valves that connect the back bladder to the BCD to hazard a guess regarding servicing. This is something I would bring up with the dive shop.

My advice would be to dive more with rental BCDs, whether they are back-inflating or jacket-style, and decide what your style/comfort level is. You may also want to seriously consider a backplate/wing setup.

Cheers,
~Michelle

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom