Bare Trilam Tech drysuit leaks at end of zipper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrscotch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I have a Bare Trilam Tech drysuit with maybe 15 dives on it and it seems to leak at the end of the zipper where it closes. It is a TIZIP zipper. Is this a known problem and are there any remedies?

thank you,
Jim

Make sure its clean and perhaps take it back to the dive shop you bought it from and see if can talk to bare about it being a manufacturing defect. (Good luck)
Have them pump up the suit -- Its possible you have a leak in the seams around where the zipper attaches. Seems to be something Bare has had some issues with in the past. In general I haven't heard of too many problems with the Bare TiZip zippers compared to their normal zippers.

Same problem here. Only mine is intermittent. Even though I have been extremely careful in making sure it is closed, I have had it leak in the pool. On the other hand, I have also done 60 foot dives where it has not leaked. It may have something to do with the zipper pull being unseated by my BCD. In the meantime, I'm still trying to figure out why.

What I do know is the same zipper on my wifes nextgen that goes across the top is much more positively sealing than on my trilam tech.

I wouldn't chance it and if it's a large I will give you and address to send it to in NY. I had a leak in my zipper a couple of dives ago and went back on the boat to address it. Near as we could figure it may have been a small piece of cloth or lint??? Are you sure you are fully closing the zipper at the end?

I discovered the source of the leak on my Bare trilam tech dry. It is also the end of the zipper at the slider when it is closed. I had to invert the suit and fill it with water to discover this. The water seeps from underneath the slider. It wasn't my BDC unseating the zipper as I earlier thought. The leak was also camoflauged by what I though was just sweat with my undergarmets.

talk to Bare.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom