Bare Trek Boots and Jet Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nivla80

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hi,

I've recently purchased a pair of Size 9 Bare Trek Boots. Are they going to work with size L Jetfins? I'm hoping someone with similar feet sizes can help me with that.

Just installed springs on a NEW pair of Jets (foot pocket of old one tore). I would hate to have to buy new fins, cos i LOVE the jets... I'm crossing my fingers that someone is gonna post a "YEAH IT DOES" reply..

Thanks!

I've recently purchased a pair of Size 9 Bare Trek Boots. Are they going to work with size L Jetfins?

Probably not. See kidspot's chart: Aloha Shore Divers

According to his chart size 10 Trek boots didn't fit XL jets. And I know from experience that I had to upgrade to Turtles from XL jets to get the size 11 trek boots to fit. So I doubt size 9 treks would fit into L jets.

If they don't fit, then you could either try the XL jets (they may be too small as well, but if they fit they are better because of longer blades than L jets) or XS Scuba XL Power fins if prefer shorter blades (and the foot pockets are just a little bigger too). If neither of those work then you'll have to go to either XS Scuba Turtles or OMS XXL Slipstreams.

Another option would be to just forget the trek boots and try Chuck Taylor hi-tops or similar instead. (My size 11 Chucks work with my XL jets).

Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom