Bare Next-gen Pro Dry Suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rafael

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I will like to get some feed back in this suit, i'm located in Boston, so even when this suit is a very good deal in price i want to make sure it will be performing well under the conditions we have here during the winter months it gets really cold down here but i know some people whom dive at 34F with a dry suit, do you think this suit will work for this place or i'm better off getting another kind, if so what will be your recomendations.

Thank you.

Drysuits just keep you dry. It's the drysuit underwear that keeps you warm. If I were you I'd spend the money on some really warm drysuit undies, like the Weezle Extreme, Bare CT-200, or DUI 400g Thinsulate. These will cost on the order of $300+, but it's really the only way to stay warm in the winter months when the water is below 40.

pants!:
Drysuits just keep you dry. It's the drysuit underwear that keeps you warm. If I were you I'd spend the money on some really warm drysuit undies, like the Weezle Extreme, Bare CT-200, or DUI 400g Thinsulate. These will cost on the order of $300+, but it's really the only way to stay warm in the winter months when the water is below 40.
He should go straight to the 400g (either DUI or Viking)

JeffG:
He should go straight to the 400g (either DUI or Viking)

I heard it's just cheaper to pee in your drysuit to keep you warm. I believe one should drink several litres of water before diving for this to be effective.

- ChillyWaters

ChillyWaters:
I heard it's just cheaper to pee in your drysuit to keep you warm. I believe one should drink several litres of water before diving for this to be effective.

- ChillyWaters
Beer works better.

It is Corona a good option? LOL

Thank you for the tips guys.

Rafael:
It is Corona a good option?
Only if you are using the drysuit when warm water diving.

Rafael:
I will like to get some feed back in this suit, i'm located in Boston, so even when this suit is a very good deal in price i want to make sure it will be performing well under the conditions we have here during the winter months it gets really cold down here but i know some people whom dive at 34F with a dry suit, do you think this suit will work for this place or i'm better off getting another kind, if so what will be your recomendations.

Thank you.
I have a nex-gen. LIke the Pants said, a DS keeps you dry, it's the underwear that keeps you warm. I'm happy with the nex-gen. It's an entry level suit but I think it's great. I'm still getting used to it though. I only have about 10 dives on it. I have the BAre T200 underwear but have only used it in temps down to 8 degress C. I was comfortable there.

jiveturkey:
I have a nex-gen. LIke the Pants said, a DS keeps you dry, it's the underwear that keeps you warm. I'm happy with the nex-gen. It's an entry level suit but I think it's great. I'm still getting used to it though. I only have about 10 dives on it. I have the BAre T200 underwear but have only used it in temps down to 8 degress C. I was comfortable there.

What is the dirference between an entry level and other suits, by entry level you are just talking about, is unexpensive or it realy makes a huge diference in performance compare with the more profesional suits

Back
Top Bottom