Bare nex-gen zipper durability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lakewinni

Reaction score
Hey I picked up a bare nex-gen recently and love it for the price except for one major thing. I hate how the zip isn't protected and is back entry so need someone to zipper me. Anyway I dive a bp&w and the bp and stuff is right against the zipper. What is everyones experience with the durability of the suit with the zipper exposed like this. I'm kinda wishing now I have saved up more and gotten a good dui or something. O well whatever.

Thanks for your input.

lakewinni:
Hey I picked up a bare nex-gen recently and love it for the price except for one major thing. I hate how the zip isn't protected and is back entry so need someone to zipper me. Anyway I dive a bp&w and the bp and stuff is right against the zipper. What is everyones experience with the durability of the suit with the zipper exposed like this. I'm kinda wishing now I have saved up more and gotten a good dui or something. O well whatever.

Thanks for your input.
I had a Next Gen and never had an issue with the zipper, but I did have friend that also had one. He was nervous about zipper wear, so he glued a Neoprene flap to his suit to protect it.

Yeah I'm thinking maybe doing something like that, espeacilly over the area where the backplate is in contact directly with the zipper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom