Bare Nex-Gen Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cstreu1026

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I recently decided its time to buy my own exposure protection. I was considering a Bare SGS 7mm Artic 1 piece and a 7mm SGS hooded vest. But now I am questioning that idea. The same webite where I found a good deal on the wetsuit has the Nex-gen drysuit for about $100 more than the wetusit and vest combo.

Is this a good dea on a decent suit? If it is I am going to get one for my fiance and myself.

STOP! If the Nex-Gen is costing you more than $750, I suggest you call the shop in Canada that I used and buy a BARE ATR Light Tri-Lam for about the same price because of the Canadian-US Exchange Rate.

I too was going to buy the Nex-Gen until someone on the message board (thanks) told me to call Canada and buy the BARE ATR from there and save big - and I did!

I got the ATR Light with vulcanized boots (molded in), bag, LP hose, talc, for $770 from Canada.

I found the Nex Gen for $485 from Divers Wholesale. I am going to try and get a deal on it locally since I will more than likely be buying one fo rmy fiance and one for myself.

boomx5 once bubbled...
If you are on an extreme budget and you want to dive dry the Nex-Gen is a pretty good choice. I like mine alot and it has held up really well so far.

Is there any reason not to buy the Nex Gen? I haven't been able to find anything bad with the suit.

But it is one of the suits I tried on when I was shopping. The problem I had with it is that it comes in a very limited range of sizes. A women's large fit me OK but the legs were just HUGE on me.

If it fits i see no reason why you shouldn't consider it.

I ended up with on OS Systems suit bought on ebay from a guy who used it about 10 times.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom