Bare knee area a big weakness....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I own and dive 4 BARE wet suits and have not yet had a failure in one of them....??

I have a 7mm Bare Arctic, wife has the 7mm Velocity. 50+ dives on mine, 35+ on the wifes. Probably 3/4th are shore dives. They show some wear and tear, but are in overall great shape.

My dive buddy had a Bare full suit. Its knees wore out after about a year of a couple of shore dive per month (mayber 25 dives total). Bare fixed and he put heavy duty knee pads over the stock ones before a problem could arise and this seemed to fix the problem. My LDS used to rent Bare farmer johns and they had the same problem after only a few rentals. They use Pinnicles now and they are holding up great. I actually like Bare suits a lot but they don't hold up well.

I just glued my old Henderson F/J rubber kneepads on my Bare using Goop. Not the neatest job but it should do for a year or two and will make for a great conversation piece.

The Henderson F/J is now a F/J shorty I use for bodyboarding and warmer water etc. The F/J top with the cut-off sleeves fits nicely over the Bare FS for added warmth.

Hopefully the knee pads will adhere as well as the other ones I glued on to my first Bare suit that failed so fast.

that after my Very First wetsuit purchase I come to SB and read a not so flattering post on it.... grrrrrr.... timing....

anyhoo... I don' plan on doing any shore diving but I am concerned enough to ask whether you think I should add some addition protection prior to the suit being used, and if so, any particular adherance strategies you may like to share...

the Bare arctic full w/ hooded vest combo seemed like Just the thing for us NorthEast divers w/o $2000 for a dry suit; I was also looking at the Aqualung Solaflex 8/7 one piece w/ hood and front horizontal zipper, but its a couple hundred more than the Bare setup and you dont get the versatility as you do with the Bare...

eh... do they fit true to sizing charts? (I fit within' the 2XL ranges for everything but Waist) is the over-vest portion harder to get on than the full suit portion?

we'll see... ,but I would like to get 5 years outta this suit...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom