Bare Hi-Loft question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JKSteger

D/M Wannabee ! ! !
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm trying to plan for my winter diving that seems to be approaching very fast and I'm looking at getting a warm undergarment to do thoes mid 40F dives in the lake with. Does anyone have any opinions on this undergarment?

My current undies are rated to 55F but I get cold in them in the upper 50's. The other undies I am considering is the Weezle Extreme+. They are about $100.00 more than the Bare Hi-Loft.

Thanks,
Jeremy

I dive with the Hi-Lofts when the water is cold.

I like 'em . . .

the K

i was pretty sure that was what you dove with. Do you get any chill at Lanier during the winter at say 80'?

Jeremy

Nope, and I'm cold natured.

K

Looks like a pair will be in my future. I found a ski shop in Marrietta that has Polartec powerstretch tops and bottoms in varying thicknesses for a great price that I may layer under for added warmth.

Jeremy

I don't generally get cold, especially when I'm diving with one of my favorite LLLB dive buddies . . . he usually runs off and leaves me and I have to go find him :D

I have another solution for you!
After trying out the hyper expensive DUI underwear , I researched and found out about merino wool. I bought a line from a New zealnad company called IceBreakers.com. These things are fantastic!
I am NEVER cold in them, I have been wearing them none stop for the last six months (diving underwear, bike wear, climbing wear, etc) They are as asmooth as silk and will retain their mosture when wet!
They are warm! They are also thinner than any other gardment. BTW Artic explorers live in them!

Just guessing, but I think he means that it will retain its insulation properties when wet.

the K

TechDiverWithHDcam:
I have another solution for you!
After trying out the hyper expensive DUI underwear , I researched and found out about merino wool. I bought a line from a New zealnad company called IceBreakers.com. These things are fantastic!
I am NEVER cold in them, I have been wearing them none stop for the last six months (diving underwear, bike wear, climbing wear, etc) They are as asmooth as silk and will retain their mosture when wet!
They are warm! They are also thinner than any other gardment. BTW Artic explorers live in them!

Pinnacle would be interested in hearing about this (since they claim to have the worldwide patent on merino wool being used as an insulator in dive apparel). A few of their models are lined with it.

http://www.pinnacleaquatics.com/merino.aspx

The claim is that the merino actually does a much better job of retaining the warmed water that seeps into the suit, much longer than traditional suits. Haven't tried it myself, but I've heard it also makes getting in and out of the suit slick as Gold Core.

Just can't get used to the idea of diving in wool...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom