Bare Dry Suit Suspenders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Horn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just purchased a new Bare XCD2 pro Dry and it does not have the suspender option fitted. I sent an e-mail to the company and they informed me that you purchase the kit and glue and attach the suspenders.

Any one there go this route or is just as good to get a decent pair from a work warehouse type store and glue them in? Any tips on making the bond as permanent as possible? Is a glue such as Aqua Seal the way to go or is there a better adhesive?

Thanks

Did you get how much they want for the kit? I keep toying with the idea of gluing in some regular suspenders from Wal Mart with Aquaseal and nylon loops.

As far as I know, up here in Canada its about $100 and I'd have to order it in, wait several weeks etc. The wall mart would be less that 5o for some pretty high end suspenders (used to hold up tool belt for framers etc) I was thinking of glueing in some neoprene loops or a patch with a d ring or some thing comfortable depending on how they had to attach. Either way it would be alot cheaper

I know at least one of my buddies who did the Aquaseal / nylon loops / cheap Wal Mart suspenders thing, so that's probably what I'll do.

You can get the suspenders from https://www.divetank.com/gear/ . I noticed that they were listed as an option on the Nex-gen.

I don't think they have them listed separately on the site, but if you can order them over the phone. I bought a set from them. I paid $40 and they come with the glue.

I can't tell you how good they work since I have yet to install them. The instructions look pretty straight forward so I can't imagine it will be too difficult.

Jonnythan is in the ballpark again. I'de do the Wallmart thingy. I go a pair of suspenders from them for my drysuit for like $4.

The Horn:
I just purchased a new Bare XCD2 pro Dry and it does not have the suspender option fitted. I sent an e-mail to the company and they informed me that you purchase the kit and glue and attach the suspenders.

Any one there go this route or is just as good to get a decent pair from a work warehouse type store and glue them in? Any tips on making the bond as permanent as possible? Is a glue such as Aqua Seal the way to go or is there a better adhesive?

Thanks
I Installed the Bare suspenders in my XCD2. They don't have any metal parts to jab into you which is nice, they are elastic with lots of adjustment. There are three attachment points ( one in the back, and two in the front). Just glue them in with wet suit cement, two or three coats on each piece and attaching point. Works well. Where abouts are you in Canada?

I got mine installed on anHD tech dry when I ordered them from Divetank for about $50. They are great. The elastic is really heavy duty and the attachment points and adjustment glides are not noticable at all when wearing the suit. I would have prefered suspenders without elastic or small elastic pannels. I find the suit hangs low and bounces too much when I take off the top portion, but perhaps that's just me. If I had to do it again I might install my own, knowing how simple a system it is. Might put in a solid (non elastic) set soon anyway.

Hey Hard Hat,

I'm in the Barrie Ontario Area, however, I work on a ship so I dive all over the great lakes when possible. Bought the Drysuit down in St Catherines. I'm thinking of going the homer route with the suspenders seeing as it is an easy install and they are merely glued in with the wet suit cement. had there been some fantastic oddity about the job or the kit I'd go that route but seeing that it is pretty easy I'll go for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom