Bare Dry Suit & Jet Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*Floater*:
My size 11 chuck taylor hi-tops measure 4" at the widest point and they were a snug fit with the XL jets, tighter than my wet boots. It's hard for me to imagine how someone could stuff a shoe that 5" wide into an XL jet, but apparently the friend of the poster above me does it on a regular basis - I doubt he can get them all the way in though. Anyway, I'm guessing the turtles would be best for you.

By the way, then length of the boots doesn't matter much, it's mostly about width and height.

There is an important difference here. The vulcanized boots are very soft and compress easily compared to the relatively rigid last of the chucks. My Treks have the same dimensions but being a rigid last, I can't even think of squeezing them into an XL.

Regardless, Turtles are the way to go.

OK, So what size turtles fit this boot? I have been shopping for a new set of fins and came across this thread. Will the XLs fit or do I need XXL?

Wildcard:
OK, So what size turtles fit this boot? I have been shopping for a new set of fins and came across this thread. Will the XLs fit or do I need XXL?

Turtles only come in one size... BIG (but not as big as XXL Jets). Check out Kid Spots Page - sorry I don't have the link handy.

I was looking at LPs site and it asked for size. OK, Thanks! Trying to cram my feet into a large fin last week didn't work so well.

I didn't go past the first box that listed a sizing chart. Thats why I asked. Do you feel better now?

I have a CDX2 with the attached vulcanized boots (XL I think) and I dive turtles with spring straps after having tried Xl and XXL jets. The XXL is a little too BIG and XL barely allows me to get 1/3 of my foot in the pocket. Turtles are the best fit I could find.

FYI - XSScuba, who now makes the turtles also have another large black rubber fin called the power fin that comes in multiple sizes. The largest of them may actually be a nice fit. I plan on buying a pair soon, I'll post my results here when I get them.

More useful info! CD, can you double check that you have the XL boots and not the XXL? Just want to understand how crlavoie's friend gets his XL boots in the XL Jets.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom