Bare Dive Exposure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have just finished with a BARE 6mm and it was a great suit. The only thing I noticed was the compression of the suit at depth. It needs a little more "trimming" when you start to get close to the surface again. Good strong suit though.
I am now selling mine with a SiTech neck seal system and silicone seals.

I have just finished with a BARE 6mm and it was a great suit. The only thing I noticed was the compression of the suit at depth. It needs a little more "trimming" when you start to get close to the surface again. Good strong suit though.
I am now selling mine with a SiTech neck seal system and silicone seals.

I see. Can you elaborate on trimming?

I tried one on this evening. It felt great! Hard as hell to get off, but very comfortable.

Because of the compression , they can be a little "floaty" when you come back into the shallows.

Great suit. I have this in blue. Very warm. I also have the 7mm bare hooded vest. I've been diving in 38 degree water with the combo with no issues.

Just like every other 7mil wetsuit. Neoprene compresses....nothing new.

I am sorry for stating the obvious, I will shut my ****ing mouth then.
By the way, I also have a Draco and that does not compress as much as BARE. People ask questions and they get answers.
The problem with them is if they are not Hyper compressed and you start to go deep then they "crush", and eventually stay "cruushed" but then thats nothing new to you.

I am sorry for stating the obvious, I will shut my ****ing mouth then.
By the way, I also have a Draco and that does not compress as much as BARE. People ask questions and they get answers.
The problem with them is if they are not Hyper compressed and you start to go deep then they "crush", and eventually stay "cruushed" but then thats nothing new to you.

I could be wrong - but isnt the DRACO that you have a hypercompressed DRYSUIT and what the OP here was asking about was a 7mm sport WETSUIT. Arent you now comparing apples to elephants? Bare also offers a compressed density product (and BTW likely compresses less than a drace since its crused to 2mm instead of 3.5) - but it also is a Drysuit.

Clearly, even a high quality wetsuit can be crushed out over time - but everyone that buys one knows that. Why answer a wetsuit question with a drysuit comparison?

Back
Top Bottom