Bare D6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HeatCker

Contributor
Reaction score
i am considering a new drysuit .. a neoprene drysuit for warmth
my choices are scuba pros everdry (4 mm) or bares D6 (6 mm)
i am leaning towards the D6 as i feel it will be the warmer suit
my concern is the cut of the suit and how well it fits
it's not as tapered or close fitting as the everdry suit
i'm wondering if it traps a lot of air and needs a lot of lead weight to descend
can any D6 users comment on their experience with this suit
thanks guys

The 6mm will be warmer on the surface and will get colder as the pressure at depth compresses the neoprene, just like a wetsuit loses warmth as it compresses with pressure. You cannot loft the neoprene like you can undergarments. I started with a Bare D4 and the only reason people brought a D6 was that it was cheaper. A thick neoprene suit will need a lot of weight at the surface to descend and will be overweighted as the neoprene compresses at depth.

Neoprene is good for shallow dives during hot weather because you don't need much of an undergarment. You put on the suit over a thin undergarment and are dressed. No overheating in heavy undergarments while puting on your drysuit.

A lighter suit that does not compress and good undergarments that you can loft will be warmer at depth.

the D4 would be the perfect compromise but i don't think its available anymore
another reason i'm leaning towards bare is that they have a great warranty

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom