Bare 7mm Arctic Vest - anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Spec, that's an interesting tip! Will that stretching damage the neoprene? I guiess it's all a question of how much I inlfate...

I'll definetly check it out.

Cheers!:coffee:
Yes, at a microscopic level stretching involves tearing more than elongation.

Seems we've discovered a common problem with Bare products - tight neck?

I had to stretch my vest as well, used a scuba tank to do it, though. Left it like that for a few hours during a surface interval and it was ok from then. No neoprene was harmed in the process. "Nutty professor" title comes from Pete's comment, of course. :wink:

I've got one that I wear with the 7mm suit in temps below 50 deg. Works great and the tight neck complaint is only noticed out of the water.

I tried the 7mm vest/hood and it felt way to restricting. I ended up getting a hooded sleeveless vest that goes on first. Unfortunately, I have not been able to try the combination out in the water since the temps are high enough now not to need it. I will say that trying it on with the wetsuit was much easier than the 7mm vest/hood.

My Bare 7mm suit with a regular hood makes an incredible seal. I dove this weekend and my bathing suit was barely wet.

Seems we've discovered a common problem with Bare products - tight neck?

I prefer to blame the 20 pounds I'd like to find a new home for.

I bought an XL Arctic earlier this year and it is a very nice compliment to the 7mm Arctic full, like others have mentioned. I am, however, going to trade it out for Bare's 7mm Velocity LT. I discovered (after I jumped in the water, of course) that the Arctic did have much stretch to it. So while it fit like a glove when I tried it on at home (I got it on the internet), when dove it and tried to swim horizontal, there wasn't any stretch in the groin as I looked "up" so to speak. :11: Because the hood would pull on the entire suit when I looked up. Never having a hood before, it never dawned on me to test the fit like that. It made for a rather uncomfortable dive. The Velocity has Bare's stretchy neoprene, so hopefully it will have more room. Otherwise it is a great addition; I'd highly recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom