Bare 7mm Arctic Fullsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Any comments on this suit??? Thanks

MechDiver:
Bare makes good stuff IMO. I have this wetsuit and one of their drysuits. Happy with both.

MD

Thanks for the input.

MechDiver:
Bare makes good stuff IMO. I have this wetsuit and one of their drysuits. Happy with both.

MD

Same here - I'll second that....

They make a decent product at a good price (normally). I do find the stitching is worthless on all of Bare's products. No problems (aside from stitching) on my wetsuit, and only some minimal problem with my drysuit.

I have nothing nice to say about Bare customer service. I've said it in other threads already....

SS

:crafty:
texdiveguy:
Any comments on this suit??? Thanks
I have this suit. I have used it with an overshorty in 50 degree water and it was fantastic. I hardly got wet. I usually wear it in 65-75 degree water (cenotes) by itself and it works great.

I have the Bare Arctic SGS 7 mm fullsuit plus 7 mm hooded vest. I'm very happy with it and have been comfortable in 52 degree water. I like the vest because the zipper extends all the way from chin to thigh so you can slip it on like a jacket instead of having to pull it over your head. Make sure you get the Arctic SGS instead of the plain Arctic because the SGS has a slick lining that makes it easier to put on. I bought it from Divetank.com-they have good prices and I have been happy with their service.

capybara:
I have the Bare Arctic SGS 7 mm fullsuit plus 7 mm hooded vest. I'm very happy with it and have been comfortable in 52 degree water. I like the vest because the zipper extends all the way from chin to thigh so you can slip it on like a jacket instead of having to pull it over your head. Make sure you get the Arctic SGS instead of the plain Arctic because the SGS has a slick lining that makes it easier to put on. I bought it from Divetank.com-they have good prices and I have been happy with their service.

:wink: Yes! Mine is the SGS suit. It has the slick lining and is super stretchy. That is the one to get. The overshorty with the attached hood and zipper on the opposite side of your body (front vs back) work well to keep water out.

I have this suit too, have approx 80 dives on it this year and water temps ranging from 34-50F with the shorty - quite comfortable, though I'll use a dry suit this winter :)

Back
Top Bottom