Barbados Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zuzanne

Contributor
Reaction score
We will be diving the Stav and a few other reefs & wrecks mid October. Will we need to take full 3 mm wetsuits or will our lycra skins be enough with our 3 mm shorties? Also should we take our open heel fins & booties or will our full foot snorkel fins work? This is our first trip to Barbados so not sure what to expect for water temps. But also need to watch out for airlines weight restrictions.

Thanks

Zuzanne

zuzanne:
We will be diving the Stav and a few other reefs & wrecks mid October. Will we need to take full 3 mm wetsuits or will our lycra skins be enough with our 3 mm shorties? Also should we take our open heel fins & booties or will our full foot snorkel fins work? This is our first trip to Barbados so not sure what to expect for water temps. But also need to watch out for airlines weight restrictions.

Thanks

Zuzanne

South coast, West coast, and at depth on the Stav....my experience has been water temps between 81-84 degrees F. Had one dive on the Stav that indicated 86 degrees F.(seems a bit high, but that's what the Suunto said!)

Dress accordingly......I always dive at least a 3mm full.....but I have seen everything from speedos ( those crazy europeans!) to tropical drysuits. Actually a full suit is a good plan on the Stav in case you bump into it. ( shame on you!) Also wear tropical gloves...the upline is a bit on the rough side.

Either open heel or full foot will work. Whatever you are comfortable with.

Watch the checked baggage weight.....airlines are tending to charge excess for overweight bags these days.

Have a great trip........and look out for the huge puffer that calls the Stav home.

regards; jbm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom