Barbados dive ops - Scotch&Soda, High Tide, ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

notabob

Contributor
Reaction score
I should be in Barbados in late October and I'm trying to pick a suitable dive op. From reading older posts I think I've narrowed it down to Scotch & Soda and High Tide. Does anyone anything good/bad to add about these ops? Any other suggestions? Approximate pricing for say a 10dive package, assuming that's what you had when you went? Thanks in advance for any info!

-Roman.

When Mrs. Scubapunk and I were in Barbados in May of this year, we dove with One on One Scuba. I remember seeing the Scotch 'n Soda boat at the same beach moorings, so they are close by. I remember some other folks from the board giving Scotch 'n Soda good reviews, so just do a search on the board for Barbados. If you're interested in what I thought of One on One, check the Trip Reports section on my website...

http://frankandjen.aesdesigns.com/

-frank =-)

Have dove with both, and recommend them both. Go with whichever is closest to your resort & will take you around to the Stavro the most times.

Have fun.

DocVikingo

I just got back from there and with the weather conditions as they were....and are going to be.....the Stav wasnt a great dive. \

Be sure to ask to go dive the Pamir....it is a great dive....but you want to get there early in the morning or it silts up pretty bad

thanks for the responses, everyone. I have read numerous reports here on the board (and yours too, Frank, excellent reading!), and that's why I narrowed it down to those two. I've thought about One on One, but their prices seemed excessive in comparison to others. Unfortunately I'm on a bit of a budget this trip.

I am definitely looking forward to doing the Stav & Pamir. Can never resist a nice wreck :)

-Roman.

Ram and the Scotch 'n Soda gets my vote. I do an annual trip to Barbados and have been diving with him for the better part of a decade. Good fun!

And the "Stav" has always been a great dive for me.

I'm there in late October as well , so maybe I'll run into you....

Regards; jbm

Excellent. I'll e-mail Ram, see what he's got to say. I don't have many of the details of the trip yet, my friend is arranging most of it. Just know it's near end of October and is for 1 week, 22-28, most likely. :)

-Roman.

notabob once bubbled...
Excellent. I'll e-mail Ram, see what he's got to say. I don't have many of the details of the trip yet, my friend is arranging most of it. Just know it's near end of October and is for 1 week, 22-28, most likely. :)

-Roman.

If you are talking to Ram, tell him you want to do a night dive on the Carlisle Bay wrecks ( Trust me....a great dive.....wrecks covered with all sorts of life......lobster.....hawksbills......"sea cat" octopus.....a great dive.) If for some reason he can't do it, have him hook you up with Trevor and "Bad Habbits" (sic.) Trevor is a great guy to dive with and won't hesitate to take you to Carlisle Bay at night. Also Ram may not want to run you out to the "Stav" unless he has a group that want to dive it. Again , Trevor is your guy and will run you out to the "Stav." Ram can arrange all this when you are there.

Are you staying on the south coast? Both boats (S & S, Bad Habbits) are on moorings in front of the Sandy Beach Resort on the south coast.

Looks like I will miss you....I'm not arriving till October 31st.

regards; jbm

Thanks for the info! Hopefully it'll all work out. I can't wait to get down there!! Sorry to hear that we'll miss each other down there... Oh well.

-Roman.

Back
Top Bottom