Bangka Island V Raja Ampat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i've been to komodo 5 times and alor only one.... but i want return both places(love C&C.. Currents&Corals).... :) in ten days in alor i have seen underwater.. one manta... one tresher shark, some eagle ray... some wobby... but not big schools of fish..... from the boat i have seen hundreds of Dolphins every day... some sword/sail fish... one huge whale :-D ... some mola mola.... the fish is here! But i think is afraid of us... this is the main difference from komodo where the fish are more friendly...... i give to komodo 5 star rating... to alor 4 star.... but it's only my opinion...
Alor is a lot better than bangka.... a lot!

Alor is a lot better than Bangka? Better sites than Sahaung?

Very interesting!! I shall have to see for myself, provided there's air conditioning in the accommodations. Hmmm

Very interesting!! I shall have to see for myself, provided there's air conditioning in the accommodations. Hmmm

No AC in Alor Divers Eco Resort, but the sea breeze & ceiling fan are more than adequate. Cooler than Raja Ampat for sure. It’s next to Indian Ocean.

ahahaha.... sahaung its a world class dive site.... i love it, one of my favorites overall.... i can't think how was twenty years ago with sharks and other predators everywere.... :-( alor is different.... it's a current strait.... there are many beautiful sites.... i don't know if they are better than sahaung... they are different... but the corals are beautiful... some sites reminds me komodo...

ps:i was there at la petite kepa... a cheap place... no AC.... but in august the wind inside our bungalow was perfect....

Sahaung is definitely a world class site. I'd like to dive it until I'm sick of it. LOL

You may not find Alor hot but guaranteed that I will. I love corals but do like to also see lots of fish and critters!

Must have air conditioning! What about a liveaboard?

Sahaung is definitely a world class site. I'd like to dive it until I'm sick of it. LOL

You may not find Alor hot but guaranteed that I will. I love corals but do like to also see lots of fish and critters!

Must have air conditioning! What about a liveaboard?

If AC is a must have, then come and join me in this trip: Ring of Fire September 9-19, 2019

USA have have? Which trip?

Oh, sorry . . . can't go at that time of year.

USA have have? Which trip?

Sorry. My spell checker & Wi-Fi messed up. I edited the post & you got the message. :)

Too bad the timing is off for you. It’ll be $1150 off from booking directly & individually. I get a group discount that I spread it equally amongst us.

It’ll be my next trip of a lifetime, a year after this year trip of a lifetime: Cocos in September 17-27, 2018 with Argo liveaboard.

Last edited:
What is the amount now through you . . .I have a friend who may be interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom