Bands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ckharlan66

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Help me out here. Do I need the 2.5 or the 3'' for my 104's? Where is the best place to get them?

Thanks for the help.

Chad

ckharlan66 wrote...
Help me out here. Do I need the 2.5 or the 3'' for my 104's? Where is the best place to get them?
2.5" for 104s. The 3" are for 120s, though they'll work with the 104s if that's what you want.

Diver's Supply had them for $109.00 last time I checked.

Edited to add: They're not currently on the site, but with DS that doesn't mean much. I ordered mine via phone, along with other items which weren't online. Go figure.

:rolleyes:

Someone posted this URL in an earlier thread
and the bands look pretty good.

I am planning on ordering some if I build another
doubles set in the future, but I haven't used them
myself yet.

http://members.aol.com/mrdeco/page/index5.htm

50 dollars with a couple of good options!

Kell

I would definitely go with 3" on the 104s.... it is the bands that are holding all the weight together... not the crossover... and you certainly don't want any flexing to occur with that much explosive potential right behind your head.

This is of course just my opinion... but it should be everybody's opinion... of coures that too is just my opinion... but it should be...

:D

roakey and UP wrote...
I would definitely go with 3" on the 104s....
Great...now you tell me!

Seriously though, Highland Mills says:

The #800 bands are most popularly used on the 95cf and 104cf steel bottles. We recommend using #803 bands with cylinders taller or heavier than the 104’s.

but also

These bands [the #803s] are recommended for cylinders like the PST 104s & 120s,

Sounds like either one is fine to me...just depends on whether you like that extra bit of security.

Now that I'm diving 104s, I wish I'd gotten the 3" bands so I could use them with 120s, if I ever go that route.

OTOH, I can use my current bands with LP95s, which are common rental tanks in my favorite destinations. That's not recommended with the 803s, though.

Back
Top Bottom