bands for 6.75" steel 72s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two carpenter squares held together in the shape of a U work well to get the measurements. Make sure the bottom sides of the square are held even. The distance between the uprights with the cylinder between them will give you what you need.

I'm with Tobin - whats wrong with a tape and pi (or a string and a yardstick)?

You can actually buy tapes made for measuring the diameter of round objects - I got one when I took my hydro course. You wrap them around but they are marked so they read diameter not circumference. Not to hard to make, either.

Old steel doubles bands from the Loyd Bridges era can be found in the back of most divestores, and often bought for a few dollars. Not as pretty as SS Highlands, but if one is trying to cobble together a quick-and-dirty set of cheap doubles they may do the trick, depending on whether your manifold will fit them.

BTW, are you sure a set of 72s is going to be adequate for a deep tech course?

james croft:
Two carpenter squares held together in the shape of a U work well to get the measurements. Make sure the bottom sides of the square are held even. The distance between the uprights with the cylinder between them will give you what you need.

course director says 70cf is minimum. I plan on going bigger in the near future, it's just too much to buy everything at once.

DiverDuane

Back
Top Bottom