Bands and Manifold for steel 72's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CamG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I recently purchased two U.S. Divers steel 72's. Both have had Hydro and visual inspection Dec. 07. I would like to purchase bands and a manifold to form doubles. Any ideas or fovrite places to look or shop? Does anyone have some collecting dust? Let me know. These are cool tanks and I look forward to diving them! Keep diving....keep training....keep learning! CamG

Send a pm to detroit mudpuppy here on the board. He makes customs bands that are ultra high quality. I have a set of his bands on my 72's and any standard 215mm manifold will work with them. I was so pleased with his bands I just ordered another set and will not hesitate to buy more from him if I put together more doubles in the future.

7.0" bands work fine on steel 72's.

Make sure your bands and manifold match for center to center spacing. Thermo makes a non isolator crossover manifold with 7.28" center to center spacing which mounts the tanks very close for a nice compact rig. DiveRite makes a manifold with slightly less than 8" spacing (commonly used with 5.5" tanks) that works with vintage spacing bands. About 8.5" is the "normal" modern spacing.

Personally, I prefer my tanks as close as possable.

Try here for some nice bands. I also have one of the manifolds they carry.
Piranha Dive Manufacturing
I have a set of 72's going to hydro and when they come back I will band them.
They make a really nice set for profiles around an hour or so.
Charlie

Try here for some nice bands. I also have one of the manifolds they carry.
Piranha Dive Manufacturing
I have a set of 72's going to hydro and when they come back I will band them.
They make a really nice set for profiles around an hour or so.
Charlie

Between the cheap set of 72's I just found and the piranha bands and manifold, I may have another set of doubled 72's soon at a total cost of ~$350.

got a good link that sows how to assemble doubles?

Between the cheap set of 72's I just found and the piranha bands and manifold, I may have another set of doubled 72's soon at a total cost of ~$350.

got a good link that sows how to assemble doubles?

Assembling Double Cylinders Give this a shot.

Beat me to it!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom